Thursday 1 October 2015

2015 Goals/Targets Update

2015 GoalsLets set some goals.I want my goals to be realistic but not too easy. I want to try and find the right amount of motivation to make me grind more and improve my lifestyle. 
Live MTT: Play 8 x £250-£1000 BI events.
Online MTT: Play more Satellites and small MTT to build on my online MTT game.
Live Cash Games: Play 1000 hours.
Study: Watch streams, talk with other players, read strategy and develop my game.
Travel: Visit 4 Countries.
Exercise: 2 hours a weak by running, swimming, biking, and weights. Any other sports welcome.
Social Life: Try to meet a non related poker friend once a week. 
Increase Blog Updates: Each year my content has dropped. 2014 x 3, 2013 x 2, 2012 x 3, 2011 x 29, 2010 x 34, 2009 x 31 and when i started on here in 2008 x 56 posts after lots of previous Myspace poker blog posts. Sure when i was an online pro i could chat dribble all day long with some occasional splashes of gold. You see the pattern that has emerged over the years. I have had so much to blog about the last 3 years but so little motivation to write. So i will pump myself up to write more, watch this space.
Lets have a great 2015 :)

Above was a post setting out some Goals/Targets for me to achieve this year. I'm doing really well this year and I've just had my biggest ever live month since transitioning from online at the end of 2011.

Live MTT: So far this year in backwards order I've played;
September: Sheffield £220 25/25 Series,
August: Barcelona 1100EUR Estrellas Main Event,
April: Nottingham £110 Mini UKIPT,
February: Nottingham Sky £110 Mini UKPC
As you can see I'm behind my 8 MTT target. I plan to play  Nottingham £500 WPT500, maybe Nottingham £2200 WPT Main Event and Prague 1100EUR Eureka Main Event in December to finish the year out. So this will leave me 1 or 2 events short as I'll only play WPT Main Event if i satellite in. I'm sure i could play a DTD Nottingham £300 Deepstack event to meet my target though.
Online MTT: I've not played anything since the UKIPT Main Event Satellites. I plan on playing a lot on Party Poker to acquire DTD Nottingham WPT Main, WPT500 and £300 Deepstack seats through the Satellites that will be running. Also for GUKPT and 25/25 Series Events, the satellites on Grosvenor Online are pretty soft.
Live Cash Games: I'm playing really well with only a few sessions this year that deviated away from my A game. I have a great mental ability to block out negative thoughts and i'm able to gather lots of energy to grind out longer hours. I'm 153 hours away from my target of 1000 hours for the year. This is 97 hours above my quota. My hourly rate is still above last years rate. I'm still doing great for a small sample size at£2/£5, 66 hours/14 sessions with only 2 losing sessions. One was -£80 the other -£800. I  played lots of 3/6EUR and some 5/10EUR sessions in Barcelona which was shorty lived as my biggest live stakes played. Upon my return in a £2/£5 game we had a mandatory £10 then £20 straddles which obviously played bigger than £5/£10 then bigger than £10/£20. This game was mental! We all ended up agreeing to play £5/£10 as it was way too big for most of us. Anyone could have gone broke in this game as the stack depth was not great. By the end of next year my roll will be big enough to play £10/£20, the only problem is in the UK i think it just goes straight to £25/£50. Plenty of time to get hours in at £5/£10. I've played well over 3000 hours now of live poker and just over 2000 of those hours are at £1/£2. I'm very hungry to play higher stakes and I'm always scouting out bigger games.
Study: I'm still studying lots about the game. I'm always thinking about spots now and it's becoming like 2nd nature which is great. I don't discuss that many spots with other players but recently I've opened up with a few others.
Travel: Barcelona was great! Lots of sunshine and poker. The trip was highly profitable. I was very upset with my table draw in the 1100EUR Estrellas Main Event, but believe i put in a notable performance before busting out in a flip spot for a 90BB pot JJ v AK aipf. My friend is going to Berlin for Octoberfest WSOPE Festival. It's tempting but I'm not sure if it would be a profitable trip so I'll probably miss it. I plan to travel to Prague in December for the Eureka/EPT Festival. My target was travel to 4 countries. This would only make it 2 so i'll need to improve my planning skills for next year.
Exercise: I've done lots of weights but my cardio has slipped a little since my return from Barcelona. My runs are scary quick now. I ran 12 days ago and felt really bad, tired, weak and unmotivated. Half way around the run i just wanted to stop, then i got over these feelings and carried the run out only 2 secouds from a PB. This makes me smile so much feeling like that, then almost a PB. I ran yesterday and felt strong and quick. There was a slight headwind but i managed to beat my PB by 6 seconds. Great end to the month for me. Really motivated.
Social Life: I went out drinking last Bank Holiday which was fun. I've started regularly seeing an old friend who doesn't live far from me. I try to drop in on her for a chat every week. We have been drinking a few times and have a few social events lined up for the future.
Increasing Blog Updates: Two in the space of the month, what more do you want Internet people :)

Until next time people. Good luck :)

No comments: