Friday 1 January 2016

2015 Goals Review & 2016 Goals

Happy New Year. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas :)

2015 has been very good for me. I’ve found huge amounts of motivation to grind and study much more. I ended up logging 1028.25 hours of time spent at the table. I’m happier than 2014 as i logged less than 700 hours. I’d say the benchmark for a rough hourly rate is 1000 hours live. Although I've seen my own hourly swing in both directions over larger sample sizes, last years hours have indicated that either the games have been better EV or I've improved as a player. I think it is a bit of both. One thing that skewed my stats for the worse was logging tournament wins and losses in with my cash game stats and not logging the hours spent in tournaments. I lost a considerable amount in tournaments, so obviously if i'd not logged this with my cash game stats, my stats would be even more impressive. Almost £1 more on top of an increased hourly rate by £0.87p. So my true hourly increased by £1.87p in 2015. I’ve been working really hard on my game and I’ve table selected/game selected as good as you can live. I felt pretty fatigued the last 3 months of the year, but if i’d not made so many positive adjustments with exercise and diet habits i would have fatigued sooner. I definitely need to tweak it some more though, my sleep patterns are really bad because of my lifestyle and the environment i’m in at the moment makes it really hard to get a good sleep cycle. This obviously makes it really hard for me to get decent sleep, which is so important for a healthier lifestyle.

Although 2015 has been good, the last few months when I've been fatigued i became a little low. I realize that grinding out £1/£2 is just not worth putting my body and health under risk and creating such a horrible lifestyle. When the £2/£5 weekly game died, this was also a factor to me feeling low. Because of this i am willing to relocate to play higher stakes. Ideally i want to be playing £2/£5 all the time, eventually playing £5/£10 as much as possible if not all the time. I have the roll now to play £5/£10 and have a very comfortable roll for £2/£5. I think i should try to get into these games as soon as possible. The obvious choice in the UK is London. I just don’t see the point grinding £1/£2 for no more than £20 an hour when I can grind £2/£5 for £40ish an hour. So hopefully i can position myself better in 2016.

Goals for 2016:

MTT: Play more live MTT when I feel motivated. Play more online satellites to reduce MTT costs. Record MTT stats separate to cash game stats.
Live Cash Games: Play 1000 hours total, at least 200 hours of £5/£10, and 500+ hours of £2/£5. Research bigger game locations in London and other cities. Look at options for relocating once bigger game locations and sustainability of these games are more clearly known to me.
Study: Keep on running simulations to compare the EV of different lines and continue to improve my game.
Travel: Visit 4 Countries.
Exercise: Exercise 3 hours per week, running, swimming, biking, and weights in addition to my average of 3.5 hours Yoga and 6 hours walking per week.
Sleep: Strive for much more sleep by improving my sleep pattern and get a better sleep cycle. Track my sleep with a sleep app.
Social Life: Continue making new friends and increasing my non poker and poker social circles.
Increase Blog Updates: Continue the blog updates and look into other media such as Instagram and Twitter. This will help meeting and maintaining new poker social circles.


Happy New Year
GL Everyone
Mat : )



No comments: