Monday 14 July 2008

Been a while!

Well this blog is long overdue! I guess it's been a bit more than a while, but things have been going pretty bad for me over the last 3 months with the exception of this month.


May To carry on where my last blog left off I ended up -$2,020 stuck(record loss for me). I ran really bad but I think I played pretty bad as well, so I guess I could have broke even or perhaps had a small win -the bad play?


June The theme of running bad continued. I don't know how but I played a lot better than I did in May despite feeling really down and after feeling really low in confidence. Pretty happy with how I holded it together(only just).I finished the month a new record stuck -$3,400

Towards the end of the month I did something that made me feel really sick and ill.Yep I downloaded Poker EV and that made me feel like quiting.At least it confirmed that I was running WAAAAYYY below expectation.I would post the graphs but I deleted that evil program from my computer(until next time).


July So Far Things are going great, it appears that my luck has changed and I have started to run normal(touch wood)which is nice.After the 5th I was up $3,200 at 2/4 online.I'm up a bit more than that now but not much more. Had a few bonus's and had $545's worth of tournament winning to add to this month's tally.

Million Pound ChallengeOn the 12th I had a success with a tournament called the Million Pound Challenge.I played very well all tournament and didn't make a single mistake which was great.Also I made about 4/5 key reads/call-downs which where spot on.I'm thinking about loading all the hands onto one of those "Poker X Factor" re-players and letting you see just how diffrent I play tornaments compared to my cash game style.I was impressed with my play anyway :)


Basically their kind of freerolls for UK & Irish grinders. Full tilt will be holding 80 of these tournament's on their site and the 80 winners will be paid to play poker at a venue in London September 16th & 17th.

The players will play down to the last 6 then the final six will be filmed and aired on sky tv in January next year.I don't know to much about it yet as the company thats organising it have yet to contact me.I was the first to win one of these so I assume they will wait till all 80 have been played then email all the winners at the same time.

This is pretty big for me because I know I would be great at tournaments but I'm always too busy playing cash games.I have had close finishes before on final tables, I think the last one was I got 7th and needed 4th for the Party Poker's Oktoberfest Televised tournament.So hopefully this is a good omen.

I'm planning on practising live tournaments and cash game play before I head down to London in September.I want to be as fully prepared as I can be.This could be a good chance at winning a good clip of money and progress me further up the online poker cash game ladder.Wish me luck.

Good luck to everyone

Mat

No comments: