Thursday 7 August 2008

Time to get motivated

I really need to get started this month.I have only played about 1.2k Hands so far so that's pretty lame indeed.

I took 3 days off at the start of month.The first day me and "DODGYKENS" brother "CanISayWanker" went to a pretty sweet card club "Dusk Till Dawn"
I choose to play a donkament first off and ran bad,re-bought once and ended up shoving with 4.12 BBs on BTTN with Qd-8d to get a dominated call by Qd-Jd and the board came down 7 high meh..."what ya gonna do?"

After that I played a bit of cash and made 80BBs in a game equivalent to $200nl online,about 2.75hrs played I think(live is really slow).I thought I played pretty well for my first time playing live cash but I don't know,the table was one of the weakest tables I ever sat so how can I judge my game based on a bunch of donks?Actually saying that in many ways it's hard to play bad players as they mostly cant fold so we can't bluff and stuff meh.

On the 3rd day I tried to play some $400nl online but kept getting distracted and ended up playing a series of microstakes games which was fun but whilst I'm doing that how much $$$p/h did I lose?

As I'm writing this I'm feeling pretty crap after going to "Dusk Till Dawn" again with "CanISayWanker" last night and getting home around 4am.


Getting back into online stuff,recently I had overlooked an email that my Party Poker VIP host sent me last month offering me $1000 to play on Party(not really played there in 3 months).So I have decided that I'm going to go onto Party Poker until I clear this bonus.I think this is a good choice as so far this month Full Tilt's $400nl game has not been as attractive as last month.Maybe last month we had a surplus of players because of the WSOP?

Lastly I just purchased a cool book(so everyone says).This guy is well spoken of in the HSNL pool and one of the best poker coach's in the world.Maybe one day I may call upon Tommy's powers when I can afford the $3k a day 3-day coaching programme or whatever it may be
"Elements of Poker"Author:Tommy Angelo
(check my links for Tommy's blog and site)

I asked Tommy to put a cool inscription on the book so I will post a pic when the book arrives :)


kthnxbai

No comments: