Sunday 31 August 2008

Bubblements

Sigh ending the month on a bubble!

I don't usually bother playing tournaments but with London only a few weeks away and me feeling in a chilled out mood after a long weekend I decided to play a satellite qualifier for the $750k Gtd on Full Tilt earlier.

I was talking to a friend and he was going to take a shot as well.So it's $55 to enter(D.B for the M.E is only $215 lol)the satellite.We both decide to make a side bet on who last longest.

668 runners mate busts 568th or something?

Gets pretty close to the bubble and I have to make a decision to either sit and wait or just shove random cards at any good opportunity decide that my stack is in danger of bubbling and go for the shoving option(always more fun when it works ldo)

Bust out hand 64s aipf v 66 ldo :(

Pretty funny how I get it in at the worst possible time in the worst spot imaginable and hit a very good flop and miss.Lets make him sweat it out till the river.Got to love tournaments!

Oh yeah "the last longer bet" is void because at least one of us needed to qualify.(bet nicely amongst friends,was only $50 anyways)


Today's results basically = the monthly results lol


Well I took Friday off and have been pretty tired all weekend from getting drunk and have hardly played.Apart from this I only have myself to blame for poor results this month.I basically played below par apart from maybe 5/6 solid days of good play.I don't think I should be happy but I am.In today's games if you play bad you should lose lots.Specially at $400nl and higher.So I guess it means either I'm lucky to not be stuck a lot for the month or that I am a good cash game player who should make good money when my "A-Game" is executed!

This is something that we all need to do.Working on always playing our A game!

August $400nl :(



Results
$70 live Poker
$620 Internet Poker
$235 Rakeback

$925 Total Profit

fell short of the $1000 Party Poker bonus which would have sorted me out this month.I really need to pull my finger out some time soon.Hopefully the new TV will help me play more tables as my monitor makes me squint,so this should be much more comfortable once I'm hooked up

Oh well pays for just over half the TV I just bought :)



September
My heads a mess right now and my main priorities are to book a hotel for the trip to London on the 15th and purchase a new laptop.

After this I'll probably spend a few days playing 10 seater sngs,probally 80 player MTTs if I can find them as this is the size of the London event field.

Pretty excited about this and I know I'll be gutted if I don't make the final table!

No comments: